What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, browse the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalise your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better serve you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- Foureyes Foundation will collect personal information directly from you unless it is not reasonably practicable to do so. We will only ask you to provide information that is relevant to the service or product that you have requested or to enable us to respond to your enquiry.
We may collect personal information from you in various ways including:
- when you visit a Foureyes Foundation clinic for an eye test, or to purchase products including sunglasses, frames, lenses or contact lenses, accessories and other associated products and services;
- when you attend a vision screening organised by Foureyes Foundation at a public or industry event or a vision screening organised by your employer;
- when you visit a Foureyes Foundation clinic or our website or indirectly through the use of our website or online presences, through our representatives or otherwise;
- when you book an eye test or make an enquiry over the phone, through our website or other electronic means;
- when you enter our competitions and trade promotions;
- when you register on our website;
- when you apply for a job with us, our suppliers or contractors;
- when you provide customer feedback surveys, lodge a complaint and communicate with our Central Support Team;
- any information and /or images provided to us when you use Foureyes Foundation virtual try-on technology;
- when authorised people provide us with your personal information on your behalf
- Your personal information may also be collected on occasions through third parties including:
from employment recruitment agencies;
from health funds or Government agency (in order to receive advice about your eligibility to rebates on Foureyes Foundation’ eyecare services and eyewear products);
from third party optometry practices which have been converted to Foureyes Foundation
- from other optometrists, and health practitioners (with your consent);
- Information collected from visitors to our website (including via mobile access)
- When you use our website, Foureyes Foundation may collect information about our website users collectively, which may include data about your location (i.e. city and country), internet browser type, language, operating system, service provider, screen resolution and whether you are visiting for the first time or revisiting our website. This data is anonymously collected and only used in aggregate, and as such no identifying information is collected. Foureyes Foundation uses this information to help improve our website and its usability and to help us determine what is most beneficial to our users so that we can provide you with the best possible experience.
How do we protect visitor information?
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
Third Party Disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
We do not include or offer third party products or services on our website.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users.
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented some or all of the following:
- Remarketing with Google AdSense
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions, and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising initiative opt out page (http://optout.networkadvertising.org), or permanently using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
We agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously.
Users are able to change their personal information:
- By logging in to their account.
How does our site handle do not track signals?
We honour do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third party behavioural tracking?
We do allow third party behavioural tracking.
Email Marketing and Communication
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders
- We may also send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
We also agree to the following:
- NOT use false, or misleading subjects or email addresses
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters
- Monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honour opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email. and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
57 Rakau Road, Wellington 6021
Last Edited on 04/11/2020